This is a delicious fruit loaf using mainly prunes and apricots instead of the usual mixed fruit type mix, gently flavoured with Equagold Vanilla Grapeseed oil and vanilla raw sugar, in place of vanilla extract - a ‘come again’ sort of morsel.
200g pitted prunes, chopped
1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
2/3 cup boiling water
½ cup Vanilla Grapeseed Oil
½ cup Organic Raw Vanilla Sugar
¼ cup golden syrup
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
½ cup sultanas
- Cover the fruit with the boiling water, and cool to room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf tin.
- Place the oil, sugar, golden syrup, egg and drained water from the fruit in a bowl, and beat till light and creamy.
- Add the fruit and dry ingredients and mix till combined.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes, or till a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to cool on a rack.
- It can be a good idea to wrap the loaf in a tea towel to cool to keep it extra moist.
- Slice and serve plain, or with butter.